Diagnostics - MG Motorsport
Most modern cars have on-board systems when it comes to engine diagnostics. The engine is the heart of the car while the diagnostics systems are its nerve endings.
At MG Auto Motorsport Ltd in Ripley, Derbyshire, we place a great deal of emphasis on the diagnostics of error codes, what they mean, and how to deal with them.
Your car is likely to have multiple memory sensors, advanced gauges, and even an Engine Control Unit (ECU) on-board. They work in tandem to ensure that the engine remains in reasonably healthy shape.
However, engines have been known to be prone to malfunction if some slight changes in behaviour are glossed over. Improper reading of the ECU and the dashboard-mounted sensors and lights can lead to catastrophe as well.
Before an engine stutters to a stop, it projects several symptoms which can help the driver surmise if the engine block is playing up. We have listed some common warning signs.
* The airbag lamp lights come on even when the airbags themselves are retracted and not in use. This might cause you a lot of trouble, not to mention money, if you don’t seek expert advice at your local garage.
* The ABS warning lamps come on and go off without any apparent reason. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is an important part of your car’s overall safety and must be in top shape. Warning lamps generally indicate trouble.
* The battery warning lights often light up as well, even if you may have just had your batteries checked/replaced. This in itself indicates a malfunctioning ECU.
* The engine control lamp or the engine indicator lamp comes on and goes out intermittently.
MG Auto Motorsport Ltd in Ripley, Derbyshire,is a dedicated repair centre which is manned by specialised and trained personnel. Our first line of servicing is the identification of the error. Subsequently, we also use the Auto Diagnostic Check system to detect which area needs to be serviced. We use the latest available technology to make sure that no part goes untouched. Other services include:
* Visual inspection of the warning lights and how frequently they appear and so on.
* A complete analysis of the system.
* Adhering to the Technical Service Bulletins.
* A general diagnosis of any unresolved issues.
What started off as a minor problem, may soon balloon if you do not conduct a comprehensive engine diagnostic test. Even DIY lovers have benefitted from the service we provide at MG Auto Motorsport.
Diagnostics – MG Auto Motorsport in Ripley, Nottinghamshire,
What are you waiting for?
Contact us to book your vehicle into our fully equipped workshop.